is it possible for a newborn to have nights and days mixed up?

I really think she does but i wasn't sure if this was possible with newborns thanks for your help (she is 5 days old)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep things dark in the night and bright in the day. That's about it.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Possible? **grin** Just about mandatory for them to do that!

Answer by gdiamante at 5:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• as far as i know all newborns do that hun!
    Anonymous

• Yep! They all do that. They have no idea what day or night is. They don't know they are supposed to sleep at night and be awak during the day. And in fact, most newborns simply don't sleep at all! Good luck, it gets better each week.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Oh yes! I remember when dd was a week... i was exhausted, trying to sleep after just getting out of the hospital for my emergency C and she was wide awake at 3 am! Looking around, happy and eyes darting everywhere! But she'd sleep most of the day besides feeding and once it was 10 she wasn't so interested in sleeping anymore! It took about 4 weeks for her to adjust, I would wake her up during the day and talk to her or play with her and when it was time for sleep, I'd turn off the lights to make it much less interesting. By 2 mos, she was sleeping through the night (12-6). Just try to enjoy the time and sleep when baby does! Congrats mama!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• OP HERE: haha okay; I know it sounded silly but as much as they sleep it was hard for me to tell if she did or not :) Thanks! Oh what can I do? Anything?
    Anonymous

• Yeah, in fact, they normally do.
    Anonymous