Question about shaving and waxing down stairs!

Ok so I shave down there but my hair grows back REALLY fast! I have a young baby and really dont have time to do it everyday like I need to... I was wondering do any of you ladys wax down there? If so how much and do you do it yourself or go somewhere? And I would like to do it myself but dont even know how to do it or where to start... I know this is weird but I just need some help! Oh yeah and how bad does it hurt? :(

heatherjenea

Asked by heatherjenea at 5:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I used to go to a spa but after a while I realized I could do it at home just as well. Just make sure your hair isnt too long or too short when you do it. Too short, it wont grab, too long, it hurts more. But after you have waxed a few times, it doesnt really hurt because the hair that is growing back is softer and comes out easier than the coarse hair that was there from shaving. I wax down there, my underarms, legs, and love all of Nads products. Just exfoliate before you do it and I find a dusting of baby powder helps with it as well. 

http://www.nads.com/hair_removal_women/brazilian_bikini_kit2 

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 5:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• OWCH! I can imagine it hurts like hell. lol Mine grows back fast, so I just trim!
    Anonymous

• I tried waxing my underarms the other night. I still have not recovered. NO WAY would I do it down there! I won't even do my underarms again! I strongly recommend against it!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I've been waxing down there for years and years. Matter of fact, I had an appointment to get it done about a week before my baby was due, but missed the appointment because I went into labor early... I was very pissed off about that, I did NOT want to have a hairy bush for people to stare at, heh. Anyway... not going to lie, it's not the most pleasant feeling in the world, but if you do it regularly, it actually gets better. The first time is the most painful, for sure. I would advise against doing it yourself, it's tricky!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I go to a salon for a wax every 5-6 weeks. MUCH easier than doing it at home. Yes, it stings a little but it's over quickly.

Answer by missanc at 8:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2010