Seriously...I want to know

The popularity of that breastfeeding question got me thinking.What if,and its a big if,what if your child wanted to nurse up to say,11 or 12? Would you still do it? Because these women say the child will wean themselves when they're ready.So what if they're that age and still want to? Would you start to be concerned when puberty started in,because girls can start as early as 9 nowadays,and boys soon after.Also,do you worry about how the childs' peers would react if they found this out if they were still nursing in kindergarten or later? Not trying to start a fight,I really want to hear your opinions.

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I saw something on tv about it once. The kids were, like, 9 to 11 and stuff. It was WAY gross! Some still had pacifiers even!
    hiddenstrength

Answer by hiddenstrength at 3:38 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• EEEWWWWWW!!!!

12months was and I think IS LONG ENOUGH! anything beyond is gross.
    Anonymous

• I agree, 12 months is long enough. I know I've asked questions on here about brestfeeding, and had so many resond over that. 14months and higher.. saying its good for the baby. Shure it's good.. but thats just.. wrong in my opinion.
    Anonymous

• wow! that would be child abuse and gross!
    Anonymous

• No, I would not continue breastfeeding no matter how much they fought or wigged on me.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• if i saw my a friend, or anyone else greeting thier kid after school and saying "mommy i need milk" or whatever it is at that age...i'd be too shocked!!!! i'd have to leave...
    Anonymous

• OP-I knew this guy that confessed that his friend still breastfed and he was 19! he said he was shocked as hell when he caught her feeding him one day when he stopped over.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• If you're old enough to ask for it (a.k.a. speaking), you're too old to get it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Pnukey---how true!!! LOL!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2010