How do you fight hunger?

I want to lose 10lbs and then I will be the same weight I was in high school. I am eating very healthy and exercising, but I'm dying of hunger! I know everyone says "Drink water." I have already drank like 6 16oz glasses of water today. Usually, diet soda is great at killing my cravings, but I am trying to stay away from soda altogether. Any other suggestions? I'm dying over here! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• gum helps, you aren't supposed to starve yourself so when you are hungry, eat! Not junkfood, but something like a fruit or veggie! Cut down on bigger meals, don't eat til you're too full, just until you've satisfied hunger! You don't have to finish what you eat either, just until you're satisfied if that means one bite of a sandwhich or a whole apple. Your goal is to get your stomach to shrink and the more it does, the fuller you will be longer so as time goes on it's important to remember to stretch your stomach back out a little! Like endulge in something one night a week or whatever.... And I've never found water to help......
    Anonymous

• fill up with whole grain foods. they help you stay fuller longer
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• make sure when you eat meals they are balanced. carb, protien, veg, fruit, dairy....carbs+protiens are what makes your hunger subside for longer. If you just eat one or the other, you will become hungry more often.
    Anonymous

• munch on vegetables or fruit..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 6:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• If you're really hungry then you're probably not eating enough! You need to be eating every 2-3 hours. If you cut down your calorie intake too much it will actually make it harder to lose weight.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 6:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Well, I'm thin and I can tell you that I rarely snack. But...when I do I snack on really low-cal foods that have a lot of flavor like:
    Pickles
    String Cheese
    Black olives
    Tea actually helps curb hunger
    Pickled vegetables, they are in a glass jar called Miezetta in the grocery store and basically have 0 grams of fat, as do pickles.
    Bananas
    Weight watchers make a 100 calorie popcorn.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Smaller meals and snacks. You should be eating every few hours while you are awake. For example
    7am breakfast - whole wheat toast w/ peanut butter, or maybe whole grain cereal or oatmeal.
    9:30 - piece of fruit, yogurt or cottage cheese
    12:00 - soup, salad, sandwich or meal replacement shake (I use Shakeology)
    2:30 - same as 9:30 snack
    5:00 - dinner - salad, lean meat, stir fry veggies or whatever.

Glass of water before & after each meal or snack.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 6:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I said that I"m eating very healthy. Where did I say anything about starving myself? Good grief, people on this site just love to assume!
    Anonymous

• Well I for one wasn't saying you are starving yourself, I'm just saying that if you really feel like you are extremely hungry then you should be eating more often. If you're not really hungry and it's just cravings then try keeping yourself busy. Cravings usually pass after a little while and like someone else said chewing gum helps me sometimes.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 6:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• you're going to have to consume something with more caloric value. If you start in the morning, eat a good filling breakfast. Of course ensure that you're drinking plenty of water and the food choices you make are healthy. For lunch be sure to have a good filling lunch and then a light dinner. Try to have healthy snacks around, easy to eat veggies, broccoli, carrots, cherry tomatoes, celery, cauliflower.....all of those are quick snack fixes that you can have with a low calorie veggie dip. Also, have some almonds or hazelnuts or peanuts around and grab a handful when you're getting hunger pangs....a handful of nuts will drive away hunger for a near 2 hours! If you get low calorie/ reduced fat popcorn with a good flavor, that is a wonderful snack in between meals to help keep hunger at bay!! Hope that helps!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010