• In the Spotlight:

in this day in age with there being so many different sexual preferences...will you still allow your teens to have sleep overs with the same sex?

everyone wants to keep their teenagers from having sex and getting pregnant and std's. You CAN contract stds from the same sex. Even though we all say we are going to educate our kids is that going to be enough? Will it be okay to allow them to have sleep overs with the same sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• What a strange question... Do you believe that if a teen happens to be gay, they are incapable of controlling themselves around the same sex?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Hmmmmm def. a good question i have a toddler and i had never though about this.......u got me wondering now(but hopefulluy her upbringing and me talking to her wll be enough for her)...cause i do think a childs upbringing counts towards alot of their decisions they make in the future
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• if your daughter was gay would you allow her to have boys spend the night? crazy!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Do you really think that there are more "sexual preferences' today than there have ever been? There have been gay, lesbian, and bi-sexual people since history began. The only difference now is that people are more open about it. And I say, good for them! If your teen is gay, they will be gay even if you don't allow sleep-overs and if they want to have sex, they will do it. Just talk to them about being responsible and tell them that you wish they would wait for sex until they are more mature. That's all you can do.

ETA- I am not gay or bi. I think this is a weird question.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I get where you're coming from.Like if your daughter and her BFF decide to experiment during a sleepover,and you're not thinking anything cause its just 2 girls right? I had a friend who got away with this because her mom had no idea she was bi.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• WAIT!!! more thank gay experimenting can happen at a sleep over for example boys caqn sneak in, they can do drugs ect.
    Anonymous

• I had tons of sleepovers with my girlfriends (not in a sexual way) and we never experimented or even thought about it. We all just listened to music watched tv did each others hair makeup and nails girl stuff talked about boys. I'm almost 22 so it wasn't too long ago. I think that if your child was straight and had a friend that was wanting to experiment or come out of the closet they would respectfully decline that person. I do think that they should be educated about it, that way if it ever came up they would know how to handle themselves and the situation so the other person wouldn't be hurt or bullied for asking or trying.
    Emma7-11-09

Answer by Emma7-11-09 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• when i was 14 my gf's and i had never had sex of any kind and we wondered what our first time would be like with oral so we all went down on each other.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Do you really think that there are more "sexual preferences' today than there have ever been? There have been gay, lesbian, and bi-sexual people since history began

today it is more socially acceptable. 10, 15 yrs ago or when i was growing up it wasnt.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Buying your kid a chastity belt and locking them in a closet isn't the way to go in my opinion (please note this is a joke, not meant to offend)

if they want to have sex, they'll have sex. If they want to experiment, they will experiment. Just because they might be gay, doesn't mean they'll be all over every friend they have over.
    Pandapanda

Answer by Pandapanda at 7:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2010