10,000 step a day program?

does anyone know if this program works to help lose weight?

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 6:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• It should help. My DH's work challenged everyone to do this program a few years ago and a lot of his co-workers lost weight.
    Anonymous

• it does help actually....just keeps you moving
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I think the first thing that you should do is where a pedometer that measure how many steps that you actually take in a day. When I started I walked 12000 steps in a normal day so in order to loose weight I had to make sure that I tool more than that in a day. So my goal was to take 20000 steps in day. I did this for a few months until I realized that I was obsessing about how many steps I took in a day and not worried about things I really need to worry about. I would start walking in place it was like I could not hold still. I made 30000 steps once.It jumpstarted my weight loss though. I have lost almost 30 lbs now which is great for me. And even though I knew I was obsessed with counting I didn't give it up until I lost my pedometer while flying a kite with the kids. Now I do it where I stop what I am doing and for half an hour I step and my goal is around 3000 for 30 minutes. Hope some of that helps.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:57 PM on Feb. 12, 2010