How positive, are pregnancy tests?

I just took a first response pregnancy test, and it was positive. Im excited, because I was hoping it would be a yes.
Just wanted to ask though, how accurate are the test's are. I know when I had my first child, I couldnt believe it, and took at least 6 tests before I was shure. But tests are expensive, and dont want to waist the 2nd if I dont have too.
I also dont want to go to the clinic, because with my 1st, they said it was a negative, even though it wasnt. And I was pregnant.

Anybody ever have a positive test, when you really wern't pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• False positives are very rare. Try calling your doctor and see if they will see you. Then I'm sure they will confirm it.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 6:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• pretty positive
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 7:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• if you have to get medicaid your going to have to go to the clinic anyways to get the papers to prove your pregnant so just wait a week then go by then it should come up pos there too and they are pretty accurate
    Anonymous

• Pregnancy tests detect the pregnancy hormone HCG. False positives are very rare. Only a few things will cause a false positive such as a recent miscarriage, some fertility treatments and/or some types of cancer. Therefore...if you get a positive pregnancy test then there really isn't any need in taking another. You're pregnant! :)
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 8:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2010