Do you think breastfeeding moms have a stronger bond with their babies than formula feeding moms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Define bond. I figure babies bond with their mom because she holds them while they eat. I don't think breastfeeding babies are bonding more.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Nope.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Nope. I think formula feeding mothers find other ways to bond with their children just as much. I'm a breastfeeding mom, and I have friends that use formula, and I know people that do both, we all bond with our children in different ways. ;)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 6:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• My personal opinion is no. I formula fed one and breast fed one. I feel equally bonded to them.
    Anonymous

• no! I think a mother/baby bond exists when a mother cares for her baby! No matter which method of feeding, when there is care there is a bond!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• No. Boobies do not equal bonding. Bonding is done in many ways.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I never bf my kids and I am so close to all 3 they are my world!
    moodywife

Answer by moodywife at 6:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• NO.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• NO. If I felt that, I would think I had a better bond with my DD in her first 3 months of life than my DH did. That's just STUPID.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• No WAY!!! I've always had to supplement with formula with my son bc of an extremely low milk supply. I know some mothers who breast feed and don't seem to have nearly the bond that I have with my son. My son is only 4 1/2 months, but I don't know how we could possibly bond more. He wants me constantly, and I want HIM constantly. We're attached at the hip (almost literally), lol, and now that he's older I'm starting to see how he totally knows I'm his mom, and that no one else will do at times. He responds to me like no one else...his smiles, the way he searches like crazy if he hears my voice...all of that. When I realized that I was never going to be able to produce enough milk to breast feed him, I was SO terrified that it would interfere with the way we bonded. I was just sure it would...but now I know that it hasn't bc we couldn't possibly be any closer...and we only met less than 5 months ago. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2010