seriously..how weird would you think I was if I took my son to....

a drop in day care but stayed there with him the whole time?
I am having a hard time finding playgroups in my area and there are no indoor playgrounds. Montana's winters are not park-friendly and I am at the end of my rope! I want my son to have social interaction!
I would pay the same amount but just hang out in the background while he played. Is that totally nuts???

jenellemarie

Asked by jenellemarie at 6:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's a little odd.... But I can understand your reasoning. I don't know how the daycare people would feel about that though.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I don't think so, just beacuase of the reason behind it. I wouldn't really care about how the daycare people felt, becuase I wouldn't be there for them. It would be for my Son to have a social group.
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 7:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• sounds like a good idea actually
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Don't they have indoor playgrounds in Montana? You should open one!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, but why not do something... For instance, if I had a few hours I would clean my house without interruption, or take a nap, or read a book... lol I may have thought about what I would do with free time a bit! :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I dont think it's nuts at all.. I wouldnt leave my ds somewhere that I dont know the people very well nor that he knows very well. I would be like you right there nearby.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 5:38 AM on Feb. 12, 2010