• In the Spotlight:

IF A DOG OF A FRIEND BITE U WAT WOULD U DO ?

I WAS WALKING TO MY FRIENDS HOUSE AND THIS LADY I NEW WAS GOING TO GIVE ME A RIDE SO I WAS WALKING IN THE DARK I SAW THE 2 DOGS AND I KEPT WALKING I WAS GOING TO GO INSIDE MY FRIENDS YARD WHEN THE DOG CHARGED AND BITE MY LEFT BACK LEG I RAN INTO MY FRIENDS YARD AND I WAS SCREAMING LIKE A GIRL LOL I AM A GIRL HAHA WAT WOULD U DO IM MAD BECAUSE I THINK THEY WILL STILL BE ABLE TO KEEP THE DOGS

FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Asked by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 6:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pets

• I wouldnt walk in the dark again without a bat!
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 6:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I really can't figure out what exactly happened from your post... Do you know the owner of these dogs? Were they in a yard or running loose? If it was dark, and they were on their own property, they probably were just protecting their home.... I don't know, the way you asked the question is a little vague.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Did you know the owner of the dog? I can't tell. If you got a ride why were you walking in the dark? Did the owner of the dogs break any laws? Were you in the dog's yard and they were defending their property? Your post is hard to understand.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• kick it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• next time carry a hammer. my mil's sister. so my aunt in law has a terrible dog that almost bit my son's face. i swear to god i would have killed it on the spot with my bare hands and i told the aunt inlaw that... now when my son is at her house the bad dog is in the cage where it belongs.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I would learn to spell
    Anonymous

• heck i got bit pretty bad from my black lab on my leg and the sheriffs were gonna put my own dog down. i would think they cant unless you didnt report it & no i didnt let them take my doggie, she was just scared lol
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 8:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• If you act scared and don't show you're more dominant than the dogs they will be the aggressor. One of our Shepherds thought a man was going to do something to me when he opened the door to our truck and he jumped out and bit the man on the back of the leg. He was protecting me and felt threatened.... We still have our dog and the guy he bit totally understood why our dog reacted the way he did.
    We offered to pay the medical bill to have it checked out but he refused to let us, he knew he was in the wrong the way he approached me. In your situation you should find the owners, let them know what happened, ask if the dogs had their shots, and then go from there. I really can't see how a dog would bite someone without being provoked.. Sorry, JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I work with dogs and can read them pretty well so i would look at the situation and try to figure out what set them off. I would not have done much if the dog belonged to a friend or if it was my fault some how. It could have been your body language it could have been anything and if you don't know dog language or behavior it is very easy to get bitten. It does not make them bad dogs. Now i might suggest that a behaviorist come out and evaluate both dogs and work with them if there is issues,
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• WELL ALL I WAS DOING WAS GOING TO MY FRIENDS HOUSE SHE LIVES IN FRONT OF THE DOGS AND IN THE AFTERNOON I WAS TALKING TO THE OWNER OF THE DOG AND THE DOGS WERE IN THE MIDDLE AND I NEVER DID ANYTHING TO PROVOKE THEM I WAS JUST GOING ON MY MERRY WAY I WAS JUST TRYING TO GET THE GIRLS NUMBER WHEN THEY ATTACKED ITS CONFUSING IM VERY ANGRY BUT AT LEAST IM OKAY I GOT A TETANUS SHOT AND SOME ANTIBIOTIC THAT COST ME 90 BUCKS AND A BIG SCARE BUT I WILL NEVER GO DOWN THAT STREET AGAIN WITH OUT A BIG STICK
    FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Answer by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 11:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2010