Anyone else believe in living in the present?

The past is gone. The future is an illusion that does nothing more than cause stress. You have no idea if you will live one more day so why worry so much about the next day. People stress so much about age...how old you are when you have a baby. How old you will be when your child is 20. I don't get it. You can die at 22, at 62 or at 92...there are no guarantees.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i live day by day but def. always keep God first. i dont stress about the future but i think its also cause my faith in God is so BIG.....u can def, have fun i ur life just know how far to go
    Anonymous

• I believe in living in the present, up to a point. I do believe you should at least THINK about the future. As in "do I really want to spend all my money right now, or should I save it for a rainy day?". "Do I buy a new car I really don't need, or put that money in a college fund for my child". Stuff like that. But I don't think about dying, or waste time dwelling on the past, no.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• well,live in the present,prepare for the future
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I do live in the present. I make sure I kiss my family and tell them I love them often because there are no guarantees. I try to live everyday like it's my last because it could be. That doesn't mean I don't plan for the future. I still work towards goals but I remember to thank God everyday for what I do have. As we saw with Haiti, Katrina, Sept 11 etc. we can lose everything we hold dear very quickly. Alot of people left this morning for school, work or shopping and by this evening we will be harvesting their organs.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 7:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Op here....yes financially I agree. In that way, I prepare. I was talking more about mentally.
    Anonymous

• That has been a goal of mine this year. I look to my dogs for inspiration actually. They are always in the moment and always ready to stop what they are doing to love on someone. Nothing ever gets them down. They are a blessing.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• yep.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I don't think about the past much, Hakuna Matata LOL but I do need to work more on NOT worrying about future stuff.
    Anonymous

• present and future... after all I do have dreams!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I live in the present, look forward to the future, and treasure the past.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2010