question about daughter

ok, so my daughter gets alot of bruises, talked to the dr a while ago and he said its normal. well lately it seems like every lil bump she gets a bruise. it is scaring me,, should i talk to the dr again, and if so what should i ask them to look for? i am thinking i am going to call but just wanna see if it is just a silly call or what.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Kids' Health

• It probably is normal. When my daughter was 3, I remember looking at her legs, thinking, WOW! If people saw the bruises everywhere, they would think I beat the heck out of her all the time!!!! And of course, I didn't - so I started paying attention to others kids bumps and bruises, and they seemed to have just as many.....

If you are realllly concerned, I would take my child to a hemotologist. They can test him for any blood disorders.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I would be sure that she is getting a daily vitamin. Ask the Dr. if she needs extra iron, she could be anemic.

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Some people just bruise easily. I do. Everyone always tells me I'm anemic when they see these ugly horrid purple patches all over me. Well, I'm not anemic. Don't let people scare you into thinking something is wrong with her.

Anemia and diabetes are 2 common reasons people have nasty bruises. You can get home test kits for iron and blood sugar.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• she takes a daily vitamin already, i bruise very very easily, most of the time i dont even know where they come from, my daughter is 3 and very hyper and active, she is very rough too.
    Anonymous

• some kids bruise much easier than others. i had 2 kids on the playground run into each other (forehead to forehead --- omg!) ... one had a huge bruise on his head. the other had nothing. if you understand physics you know that both head had the same force exerted on them. if the bruises dont heal fast that is something to be more concerned about.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:06 AM on Feb. 12, 2010