sit-n-stand vs. Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller

i have a 20 month old, and am watching a 4 month old..i'm debating on which double stroller..i have the parents permission (since he's the only one i watch) to take him out and about if i want to...dh and i are planning on trying for another one soon, so we would need a double stroller anyway...i really like the kolcraft double stroller bc you can turn the seats around and face each other..but i like the versatility of the sit-n-stand...i've read up on both, and have heard bad reviews on the sit-n-stand, but for the price it great....if you've had experience with both or even just one of them how was it?..a sit-n-stand that i would get would be the one that has the second seat with it so dd can still nap..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have the Kolcraft Contours and I do like it. I like that fact that my boys can face each other and I can see my baby. And it has a really big basket and my kids seem to love it. But I don't like that I have to take one of the seats out so it can fit in my car. It's really bulky and there isn't any cup holder near my oldest I have to put it where the cup holders which is where the handles bars are. It's hard to go through some aiels. I'd love to get the sit and stand your talking about
    momtoPMCandJNC

Answer by momtoPMCandJNC at 7:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• We have the sit n' stand and like it. It folds easily, my girls like it, and it is nice to have my big girl be able to get in and out quickly at the zoo and places like that. I guess it's a little hard to go around a tight corner but I'm not sure what double stroller wouldn't be. A good buy for the price, I think. Our girls are 16 months apart, so about exactly what you're talking about.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 7:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i looked at the kolcraft and i really wanted it but it is sooooo big and even folded down wouldnt fit into my trunk. then i went with the sit n stand one, but honestly my 2 year old wont stay in it and he can climb out of the buckle thing. if your kid is more calm and good with staying in the stroller its a pretty good one (though it is kind of ridiculously hard to steer once the weight of the kids is in it) but its compact and thats what i like most about it.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:04 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I have the Sit N' Stand Plus and I love it. I have a 27 month old and a 2 month old. I don't have experience with the other stroller but I love my Sit N' Stand. I feel it will grow with my oldest and I liked that it had two seats and could accomodate the infant car seat. My 2 yr old still needs to be in a seat so this stroller was the perfect option. And it wasn't too expensive.
    butterflyblu

Answer by butterflyblu at 7:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2010