Questions about Cervical Mucous

I have a few questions. My last period was about 10-12 days late. My last period was about 12 days ago and yesterday I experienced long stringy clear mucouse that was about 1.5 tsb full. Today during sex there was none and was dry. Later today I had the same and it was clear. Both times it was followed by mild pms cramps.

1. could this be fertile cerivical mucous and how long after it appears do I have till the egg dies?

2. The amount I had was more than I usually do. If you ovulate more than one egg at a time does the amount of Cervical Mucous increase?

3. How long should fertile cervical mucous last for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Fertile mucus is released BEFORE the egg is. After the egg is released you will only produce fertile mucus for another 12-24 hours until the cervix closes. After the egg is released and your fertile window is closed than your CM will more than likely be some for of tacky or sticky non fertile mucus. You can only know how long your fertile window is by charting to find out how long you have between the first day of fertile mucus and when your ovulation is confirmed.

The amount of cervical mucus will not change based on how many eggs are released. The sole purpose of the fertile mucus is to get the sperm to the egg. More than likely the discharge you saw after sex was left over semen. It looks and feel slike cervical mucus hense the reason fertile CM looks like semen.

Fertile mucus last different amounts of time for everyone. For me it's 5 days...for others it's 3.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility to learn more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Google it
    Anonymous