How bad is the snow in Dallas right now? Likelihood of more flights being cancelled?

Just wondering, DH is stuck in Dallas right now trying to get home to seattle but so far all his flights have been cancelled :( and his cell phone died. So can anyone tell me how bad the snow is there? Is it still snowing? I can't believe TX is getting that much snow lol.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 7:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The news is saying that this is our worst winter in 32 years! My kids' school was cancelled today and they have already cancelled it for tomorrow too - BTW I am 14 miles from DFW International Airport! It has snowed all day today and is colder than a well digger's a$$!
    mykidsmom75067

Answer by mykidsmom75067 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• It is still snowing!!! I can't believe we got this much snow! I had no idea that we were even getting any. Anyway, my back deck looks like a foot of snow even though the news said we were only going to get up to 5 inches. The roads looks pretty bad, but there are a few cars driving by. I went out at 3:00 and it was slick. I hope it doesn't freeze into ice tonite and I hope you DH gets home safe and soon! When we get even a few inches of snow this far south, the entire city shuts down. We just don't have enough equipment to plow the roads and keep them safe. We also don't get much rain, so the oil builds up and creates problems as well. I think its supposed to stop by 8 or 9.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2010