Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

False Accusations?!

My ex is trying to take me back to court to get custody of our two children. He made an accusation that I'm emotionally and physically abusive to our children (which I am not) So I called him tonight to talk about it and he wouldn't give me an answer and hung on me. Continuously tried to call and he won't talk to me. What should I do. I'm just pissed and hurt. I'll admit to when I'm doing something wrong but I know I don't do what he's accussing me of to my children. He walked out of his children's lives when My daughter was born came back into their lives in 2006 jumped back out when he got divorced in 2007 and wanted very little to do with them now that he has a fourth child on the way and with another girl he wants everything to do with them. My daughter is in special ed and my son might be add... he won't uphold his parental rights to his children. What would you do?

Answer Question

Asked by fireangel0310 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 3 (20 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • take that evidence to the court

    Answer by lowencope at 7:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

  • get a lawyer

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

  • Get a GOOD lawyer, he's gonna drag this out & you need someone who knows their stuff! Keep a log of when you talk to him, what was said, any abuse w/ dates & witnesses he's had to you or the kids, dr's appts he's missed, times he's forgotten to take them to their appts, forgotten to give meds, dinner, came home filthy etc, anything that might make him look bad in court....WRITE IT DOWN!!!

    Answer by Nyx7 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

  • Don't call him. The last thing you want is for him to show the judge that you called "harassing" him 10x in one day. He'll say anything.

    Family cases are based on "preponderance of the evidence" which means the judge will listen and decide who sounds more truthful. If you can show that he has been absent, if you have witness statements, doctor statements, etc you will be fine. He has nothing to show on you. It's in your best interest to let him sound like a jack ass and not interrupt in court. Judges hear BS like this all the time. They get it.

    Call you women's resource center/ women's shelter. They may be able to help you get a free lawyer.

    Answer by ecodani at 10:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

  • Don't call him like that, you will just look nuts and give him fuel for the fire. The burden of proof is on him. He will have to come up with money to take you to court, and prove you did what he says...very hard to do, and given his track record, I doubt it will get very far.

    Answer by salexander at 10:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

  • document all that you can- pictures of how well your kinds look and how well they are taken care of probably wouldn't hurt either- See about getting some good legal representation-
    I wouldn't call your ex about it- he'll probably just try and say that you are harassing him-
    my thoughts are with you-
    good luck mom!

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

  • Get a GOOD Lawyer and a GOOD Psychiatrist. And stop calling your ex. That's the only way to stop this.

    And DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT! Digital photos of them BEFORE they go to their dads and after. If they fall and get hurt, take a photo and write down where and when it happens in a notebook.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.