Add Moisture to a room?

Our bedroom is SUPER dry. Its on the 3rd floor and has very high ceilings...we already have a big humidifier that we run almost 24/7 and its not hardly helping at all.
Its so dry that my eyes and nasal passages are dry and crusty every morning and my lips get so dry they split :(
I need ideas please! Are there plants that I can put in the room that would add moisture? HELP!!!!!!

jlizgar

Asked by jlizgar at 8:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Health

• Put the humidifier right next to your bed. And drink more that will help to moisturize those areas. Try putting on chap stick before bed as well and maybe some vaseline on the nose to help hold the moisture in.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• It is literally right next to my side of the bed and its still not helping...I dont know what the deal is :(
    I do need to drink more water though, maybe that will help and im definately going to have to lube up my lips before bed, the cracking hurts SO badly.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• is it cold or hot mist? I've found the hot to work better
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Im pretty sure its a cool mist...I didnt know it made a difference, I wish I had of known that as I spent a small fortune for this humidifier :(

jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I don't have any suggestions but I have heard that warm mist humidifiers aren't good for you because they breed bacteria and the put it into the air.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 8:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2010