Should I stay around or run as far as possible away?

Okay so about 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant, my boyfriend who I was living with broke up with me. He gave me a bunch of bulls**t reasons and said basically that he wasn't willing or ready to make any compromises in his life so he felt it was best for us not to be together for awhile. He said that he was still in love with and that I was the best thing to ever happen to him but he just wasn't ready. Anyways he crushed me then I find out I am pregnant. It couldn't have come at worse time. I eventually tell him and he is all excited which is hard for me to deal with. He says that we will be okay and by the time the baby is here we will most likely be a couple again. He wants me to move back in with too. I told him that it feels like he is only doing this cause we are having a baby but he said that he truly loves and had always had faith that we would be back together and maybe this is the push we needed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• run
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i say work it out. babys daddy needs to be apart of the babys life anyways! good luck.
    Anonymous

• he could be wanting to save it cus the baby tho. see how he acts around u being pregs first.
    Anonymous

• It sounds alittle more like hes doing it cause your preg. How long were you broken up? Use your own judgment and use your head not your heart. Love is Blind as they say. Good luck and congrats on the baby!
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 8:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Many men have a problem committing to the idea of a wife but have an easier time imagining themselves as fathers. A baby is NEVER a reason to stay w/ someone but he is the dad & he may be telling you the truth. Make him prove it to you, he needs to go on dr's appts & bring you stuff @ 3 am when you have cravings & rub your feet & basically make up for being an asshole. My hubby & I had a HUGE fight the night I told him I was pregnant, not to the point of ending things but almost. Now he's a wonderful hubby & an even greater daddy! Some men dream of being fathers, not many dream of being husbands. If this is your biggest complaint...if there have been other issues we are unaware of then.... Really the ? you need to ask yourself is: when its all said & done, past all the hurt & all the bullshit can you imagine your life without him? Answer this & you'll know what to do.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• You should stay. Children need to have their dads in their lives. If you were going to run, you should have run before you got pregnant. I'm sure you will have your problems, but people who are willing to lay it all on the line, get married and then have children, have their problems, as well. Just because you are not happy is absolutely no reason to break up a family. Happiness is a choice. Love is a choice. You have chosen this man to be the father of your baby, so now choose to love him and choose to be happy about loving him. The more you give to him and your child, the happier you will be. Life is not about what you can get--it is about what you can give. If this guy will have you back, get on with it, and think very long term, as in the rest of your life. Or at least until this child is 40 or so.
    Anonymous

• he needed a wake up call and he is clearly yelling out "your worth it " the point is not wether its the baby or not,the point is he is trying to me a man and its up to you to let him
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• For the next 9 months......
    HE needs to keep a job.
    NO, he can not move in.
    Prove, he can be faithful.

OR

RUN LIKE HELL

LAY DOWN THE LAW !!!! GIRL FRIEND !!!!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• "I told him that it feels like he is only doing this cause we are having a baby"

Um, that's not a bad reason for a guy to want to be around his child (and his child's mother). I would be glad he wants to be an involved father.
    Anonymous

• If you feel he is serious, then give it a try. I'm always for trying to make the family work first, but I'm also the one to leave a bad situation. You won't know unless you try. Of course you leave out some information like does he treat you well, with respect and consideration, does he have a job, does he help you out, does he drink or do drugs, does he flirt with other girls? There are things that would make me run, and things that would make me try to work it out. If he is not really a bad guy in all other areas, then give it a try. If he is a loser that chases other women and can't keep a job or does drugs or drinks too much, the run like hell.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2010