Dinner suggestions anyone?

i have the pickiest boyfriend ever.. he HATES onions, mustard, potatoes, anything too sweet, vegetables, fast food and numerous other things i have not taken the time to memorize and basically any new foods he hasnt tried..(hes the type that goes to chinese buffet and get chicken nuggets and pizza)..i consider him a child when i cook which isnt really fair on account of my own kid who eats whatever whenever..(he gets that from me)..so whats everybody else cooking?

fatboysmommy

Asked by fatboysmommy at 8:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My husband and I cook together. We made an elbow macaroni casserole. Can't wait to dig in.
    Anonymous

• We made tuna sandwiches and deviled eggs, (kids choice) Now they want them for after school tomorrow,lol...
    Lastnight I made Sesame Chicken with Lo Mien noodles and veggies. The night before we had Chicken Scallopini with rice pilaf and steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
    There are a few ideas for ya!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• We had chicken parm the other day, then I made a roast chicken that we turned into chicken pot pie the next day and chicken noodle soup tonight. Later this week we're having ravioli and chicken lasagna roll ups. We have burgers a lot, even in the dead of winter.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I made a monstrous pot of potato soup a while back and froze in gallon bags. I pulled one of those out tonight and added corn and chopped up ham (forgot there was corn already in it so it was really corny!). It also had potatoes of course, carrots, celery, fresh parsley, red bell pepper, onions...and I don't remember what else but it was good!
    Anonymous

• Whoops, sorry, disregard my soup, I didn't read very well the first time and said "oh s***" when I re-read your question! Ignore me! That's the only bad thing about being anon, you can't delete your answer!
    Anonymous

• I have a good recipe for homemade chicken noodle soup that you can vary with whatever vegetables you want in it. I like to use carrots, broccoli, corn, and green beans sometimes. Other than that it's just chicken, chicken stock, egg noodles, and italian seasoning.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:17 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I do not believe in catering to picky eaters. What kind of example is this man setting for your children? We use the 3 bite rule. You must try 3 bites of what is on your plate; if you don't like it, you fix yourself peanut butter and honey on whole grain toast with a kiwi or apple. Even my husband is expected to follow the rule.Here are the dinners in our regular rotation. Send me a message offlist if you would like any recipes:
    No hurry curry
    sweet and sour cabbage rolls
    taco salad
    minestrone soup, salad
    General Tsao’s tofu
    stuffed peppers
    chili and cornbread
    sweet potato and black bean burritos
    Halloween black and orange quesadillas
    black bean soup, quesadillas, avocado salad
    not crab cakes, tofu fish sticks, baked sweet potato “fries”
    dairy-free nachos
    tamale bean pie
    Mexican bean and pasta bake
    white chili
    Stovetop lentil sloppy joes
    Tofu and spinach curry

Answer by rkoloms at 5:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Lentil soup
    stew with dumplings
    lentil tacos
    Pot pie
    zucchini enchiladas
    Mediterranean Vegetable stew with poached eggs
    Stirfry
    homemade pizza
    squashed macaroni
    peanut noodles
    blueberry oatmeal pancakes
    slowcooker lentil sloppy joes
    Southwest Falafel

Answer by rkoloms at 5:24 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I'm making fajitas tonight =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• So from what you have listed on his DO NOT EAT list, I gather he is meat and potatoes man like mine is.

My husband loves sweet and sour meat balls. He loves those so much he doesn't even care about the sides but I usually serve pasta salad or cole slaw along side with some bread.

My step dad loves my beef stroganoff. I serve it with buttered egg noodles with parsley and some type of green peas.

Of course a homemade lasagna or spaghetti bolognese might suit him with a salad and garlic bread.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2010