Front load washer suggestions?

If you have a front load washer which brand would you suggest? My grandmother bought mine about 20 years ago and when she passed away I got the washer, it's still working, but I really don't think it's going to last much longer and with the new rebate program I am considering replacing it but DH wants to know what it's gonna cost my saying it's going to save so much in energy and water isn't good enough LOL so I am looking for suggestions so I can compare real reviews. TIA

goaliemom93

Asked by goaliemom93 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• mine is GE I think LOL IDK about differences really, but I absolutely LOVE my front loader!
    and if you are going with a set, don't bother with the slab thing for on top, I'd get the drawers for underneath.
    Anonymous

• I used to sell appliances and the best you can get is a Bosch. They work better, are more efficient and get clothes cleaner. I wish I could go to the store with you and show you why :)
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 8:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Bosch is the best and always gets great ratings in Consumer Reports, that being said, they are EXPENSIVE! If you cannot swing the price of Bosch, get Whirlpool Duet. They get the second best ratings in Consumer Reports. We have a Whirlpool Duet that's been running a minimum of a load a day for the past 6 years with no malfunctions.
    My husband is an appliance engineer (now in management) and won't buy anything that isn't dependable, efficient, and well rated. We don't have the Bosch (he works for B/S/H/ - makers of Bosch, Thermador etc) because at the time we needed to replace our washer and dryer, the Bosch front loader tub wasn't big enough for our family of 6. They have since upgraded the tub size.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Whatever you do, do NOT purchase LG. All they do is rip off other companies and their quality is horrible. They are always needing repaired, parts replaced, can't handle a true family washing load.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2010