no baby in internal ultrasound (early pregnancy)

So I am super early in my pregnancy, by my calculations I am about 6 weeks. I went to the doc today bc I had a decent amount of brown blood this morning. They did an internal and they saw a sac and they measured it and said it is measuring at 5 weeks. They are having me come in to check my hcg levels every two days and I go in again next week for another ultrasound, but I just need any kind of advice you ladies have, I cant wait a week to know!! The doc says it may just be too early ( I have irregular periods so its hard to tell when I ovulated). Has anyone been through this and it been okay? I am so scared of a miscarriage, I had one in the past and I cant get my mind away from it. Thank you in advance for any advice you got.

Amanduhpanda

Asked by Amanduhpanda at 8:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had bleeding during the first part of my pregnancy. I haven't had any since December 26th.
    The first time is was reddish brown and each time after that it just kept getting darker brown, then finally I just had spotting. All of these occurrences were on separate dates. My OB told me that I was having a 'threatened miscarriage'
    Are you having any cramping? Was the bleeding like a constant flow or just a bit and then it stopped?
    If there is no cramping and the bleeding has stopped then you are quite possibly fine. Brown blood is old blood and isn't usually something to get too worried about.
    I hope everything goes well for you. Take Care!
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 8:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• My sister just went through this and she had brown blood at first about 2 weeks before she actually had a miscarriage. The miscarriage was very bloody and painful for her though so I think your fine now but stress every symptom to your doc. and REALLY take it easy.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 8:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• sweetie(hugs) the only advice I have is to try to relax as much as you can .You will not have to wait a week, only until the next level check. the next time, if your hcg levels have dropped, then yes I am sorry but you have lost the baby. but if they are higher, then yay. i wish I had more to say but it would seem so trite and just not helpful. I will pray for you tho and wish you all the best (baby dust).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Calm down & relax, all those stress hormones get passed to the baby, if its meant to be it will be. The whole pregnancy is a waiting game so start practicing now!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• rest take it easy & stress free... & pray
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 8:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Its still pretty early to see anything in the sac...it happened to me with this pregnancy right now, I would wait it out and just hope and pray everything okay..Now Thank God I am 17 weeks along...The brown blood could just be old blood leaving your body which in my case was what was happening...Hang in there!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• That's way early to see anything. Stop worrying, it's probably just implantation bleeding and you aren't as far along as you think you are. Give it a month, do it again and it'll be there! It took 3 months and 5 sonograms for my last baby to show up!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I am not having any cramping which is a great thing. The spotting did stop. I did have slight spotting with my first daughter, but it was barely anything, thats why with this one it freaked me out because I had to wipe 5 or 6 times before it went away (sorry about the tmi) but it was gone pretty quick. I am honestly not stressing as much as I thought I would be. Im just obviously concerned, after trying for a year, the best thing I have ever seen was those two lines on the pregnancy test, and to think that its going bad is just the worst thing ever. Im hoping everything turns out okay, but I am prepared for the worst. Thank you all for the advice.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2010