injury right near fontanel

my daughter fell i caught her pretty close to the ground but it seems that she still hit her head. shes 14 months her fontanel is almost close. she has a big knot near it. she seems to be acting pretty normal maybe a lil off she has allot of energy tho i cant tell if she confused or not she running around an being a goof like usual im really concerned.
is there anything to look out for?
thank you soo much !!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she seems ok she probably is. If she had a serious injury she would be acting out of character but that is my opinion only...I'm not a medical professional but I am the mother of 18 month old twins.one of whom bangs his head off EVERYTHING ;) Keep an eye on her even when she's sleeping and if you're still worried tomorrow, get her checked at the doc's. GL momma :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• If she starts acting strange, convulsing, really sleepy & can't stay awake. google concussion symptoms or webmd & keep an eye out. otherwise all kids hit their head! I remember when my brother fell out of our battery operated car onto the concrete & split his head open & we had to take him to the er for stiches...he doesn't & he was 7!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• arg my son just his his head (forehead) on the corner of the coffee table and i called the dr and the nurse told me to watch out for if he gets a headache, if he is talking funny or acting funny, not eating, if there are any fluids coming out of his nose or ears, that sort of thing. she said the reason why they get such huge lumps on their head and so fast is because the head is very vascular and that just means that alof of blood travels there very often...i think lol. anyway i just kept an eye on him for a couple of hours befor i was comfortable enough to put him down for a nap. these kids just keep you on your toes lol
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:01 AM on Feb. 12, 2010