How do you minor in something??

ok so im having trouble deciding between two different degree programs..I like them both ALOT ..So someone suggested that I Major in one and Minor in the other...so what does minor mean?

Basically im just guessing...so if im wrong im sorry lol but does it mean I take the other degree classes as my electives ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• A minor is usually achieve by taking half the amount of hours you would for a major (most schools it is 60). They can be counted as a elective but that will be up to the university.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• The minor just means a concentrated area, but not enough to be the majority of your studies. I majored in liberal studies (for teaching) and minored in music because I knew I couldn't earn a living off music, but still wanted to study it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2010