Made in China, bought in Mexico, and given to me in America

I got a statue of Our Lady of Guadalupe as a souvenir. There was a sticker that said made in China my grandma and laughed a little about

I don't think it was blessed, are statues blessed? Would I just take it to Mass and have it blessed as I would a rosary?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would take it to be blessed, just because you don't know if it was yet or not.

LOL at your title though ;o)
    Anonymous

• Even if it were blessed once already it won't hurt anything to take it and have it done again. And yes, just approach your Priest like you would with your Rosary after Mass and he'll do a quick blessing for you :-)
    Anonymous

• why do you need a statue blessed for?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• because the mob boss says so
    Anonymous

• It signifies the sanctification or dedication of a person or thing to some sacred purpose; "Christ took bread and blessed, and broke" (Matthew 26:26).
    Anonymous

• I would take it to Mass like a rosary. LOL at the "Made in China" sticker!
    winterrose82

Answer by winterrose82 at 7:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2010