Shaving "mines"

So I like to shave myself compltely, but I almost always get an irritation. I loofa. Use baby soap. Same. I want to try waxing, but heard it hurts like H*LL!
And if I shave one day, I have to wait like a day or two or I cut myself and get worse irritation.
Any advise ladies?!
Please help. The irriation looks horrible!

krisew90

Asked by krisew90 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I go to a salon for wax once every 5-6 weeks and it's wonderful! I also used to get irritation really bad when I shaved, and I just don't have time to do it every day and it itches too bad to me when I would go a day or two without. Waxing is the way to go - but definitely go to a salon the first time!

Answer by missanc at 12:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I use Bikini Zone. They have a shave gel that is awesome, and they have after shave creme and gel that work wonders.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I use a men's razor for shaving down there.. they are MUCH sharper and stay sharp longer than razors for women. As for shave products I recommend a product called Coochy which you can buy online http://www.loverslane.com/shop.axd/Search?keywords=coochy&x=0&y=0
    I recommend waiting to shave until the end of your shower, rub in the shave cream and let it sit for a couple minutes to soften the hair. Get the longer stuff off by stroking the razor down or with the grain so you don't cause irritation. After you get it pretty short, start going against the grain diagonally (you may want to put on more shave cream during this) then after that, hold the skin taught and use short strokes against the grain.
    Don't shave everyday-- let it grow out a little bit or you WILL get a rash (4 or 5 days) The good thing about the Coochy cream is that if you do get an irritation, you can rub it into the area and it helps a lot in less than a day!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Coochy is good.
    I use Nads and wax.
    http://www.nads.com/hair_removal_women/brazilian_bikini_kit2

For your shaving irritation though you are talking about.. Hydrocortisone cream helps.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 5:06 AM on Feb. 12, 2010