would you let your ex take your child to the middle east?

My ex wants to take our 11yr old to the middle east Jordan, I think.. all the years we have been divorced he has never compromised with me.. when i want to change the visitation schedule he won't not even in a emergency. I'm scared, but not sure why.. he has a job & condo here.. his wife goes every other year with their kids.. am I being paranoid that he may not come back? is it even safe? I am not sure they would stay in jordan Or visit other places there.

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 9:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Umm, probably not. I guess it's depending how responsible he is. If I did allow my child to go along I would have to know everything ! the who, what, where, why EVERYTHING !
    Aldea

Answer by Aldea at 9:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• his unwillingness to compromise, Or even listen to a court order leaves me not trusting him.. because he wants things his way or no way..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• HECK NO! My child would never leave the country without me! The laws are so different in other countries, I would be so paranoid that I would never see him again and that there would be nothing I could do about it.
    Anonymous

• NO!!!
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 9:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• just hearing about the sean goldman custody case that was recently resolved I would not trust your situation at all. jmo. I'd talk to you lawyer and even get a lawyer who's skilled in international custody issues before you say yes. This is out of the country it's not to the other side of the U S.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• NO... Especially not these days..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• No way.
    Anonymous

• no way in heaven would i allow that ,especially the way the world is right now.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• No way because like everyone else is saying .. I would be scared that I would never see my kid again . If he doesnt want to compromise with you then why should you do it for him . JMO though
    BrayNKayzMommy

Answer by BrayNKayzMommy at 9:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• No! Once he's there it's totally out of your hands. I would not, not, not!!
    Anonymous