Guilty Feelings

I have a 3 year old who I live for - She is the most loving and adorable little girl in the world. She is 3 so she complains and whinges when she doesn't get what she wants. The whinging goes through me - My temper goes from 1-10 in seconds. I dont know what to do. I was blaming my hormones - I had surgery to remove cysts from My ovaries a few months back and i tried to tell myself that it was just my hormones out of whack - I feel so guilty over feeling like this - I raise my voice to her every day and then feel incredibly guilty - I dont know what to do - I feel like im sinking

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• You need to chill out momma for real SHE'S 3 YRS OLD..
    Anonymous

• Right now on either style network tv channel or abc.com or even youtube maybe, search for Super Nanny. Great ideas for discipline upkeep and temper checking. Also put cotton in your ears til you can get a c d or stereo headset to cover your ears. It quiets your frustration but you can still hear everything very well at a dull noise not constant loud booms basically.

You're not alone. Get a neighbor, a relative to watch dd while you sit outside to breathe fresh air in.

You've got to be consistent with discipline. She needs discipline firmly which is still lovingly but not beatings for the next 15 years of her life, every second of it.

Catch you breath, breath out long and slow.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Is there anyone who can give you a break during the day? Like an hour to go for a walk or something to clear your head? Perhaps head to your doctor and discuss it with them to see if there is anything they can do to help you level off your hormones and curb your irritability?

From what I hear, that's 3 year olds for ya ;) Not easy for ANY mom but worse when you are dealing with something like you are. GL momma. Hang in there k?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Talk to your dr about your hormone changes!!! Make yourself bite your lip & count to 10 then THINK about what you want to say.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Thank You all - biting my lip is easier said than done - I am trying tho...
    Anonymous

• If you need to, turn around walk away, count backwards from 50 (not 10, but 50). And if that doesn't help and you feel the need to scream....go to your closet and bury your face in your clothes and scream your fool head off.

Sometimes just the act of screaming is what will help take the edge off. And remember that living for your child isn't healthy. Best advice I ever got was from my mother.....she said that you should take care of yourself in a certain order... You became a woman first - take care of the woman that you are first. THEN you take care of the relationship that you are in (wife, girlfriend, SO) because that is usually what came next. and Last....take care of the mother that you are because when you do the 1st two - being a mother is easy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I Love that last one :)
    Anonymous