I need a hobby

I have no idea what to do with myself.
I am a SAHM with an 18 month old and I am getting really bored. I want to take up a hobby but I don't know what to do. My whole day revolves around my son, so when he is out with grandma or daddy (about twice a week) and when he goes to bed I am just left bored.
I have no tv and very little money to start anything big. I also don't have any friends in the area to hang out with. I love cafemom but I find I am spending too much time on the internet.
please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Look to see if there are moms groups in your area!! I did that and found a ton! theyre free and have daycare and its a life savor!! I also joined a bible study! its been amazing!!
    Anonymous

• make some friends. go to church if possible...it's a great place to meet people!
    get a job...it's a great place to meet people!
    scrap booking, sewing, crafting, learning a new language, online college courses, go to a movie.....
    Anonymous

• Learning how to sew is a great inexpensive hobby. Here's a link to some simple projects for your little one: http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/baby-pants-baby-pattern.html

I love this blogger too, but she has a little girl: http://www.rufflesandstuff.com/ This blogger creates some of the CUTEST things out of bargain priced items from thrift stores or just old shirts, etc., lying around the house.

Start exercising when you have time away from your son, or maybe go to the mall and walk around with your son in the stroller. Lots of moms around here do that during bad weather days, so it may be a great way to meet other people.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 10:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I really wish i could quilt! It was be fun to save some of your childs baby clothes and cut them up and make a quilt for then to have. My mom saved all of our favorite clothes throughout the years and our sports tshirts to make us a quilt (too bad she hadnt gotten them done lol).

have you tried scrapbooking? I dont have the patience for it but lots of people love it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Something that I am going to start making is paly food for my kids. I was going to try making felt food, but think that knitting them may be easier and more durable. It is fairly inexpensive and also a toy for your child. If you google making felt food or knitted food patterns you can find some free patterns and how toos.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I love scrapbooking, making wreths, center pieces and all kinds of things! I am very crafty... they can get kinda pricy though... how about like a garden? the spring is coming up and you could plant some veggies or flowers.... Good Luck! :)
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 10:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2010