Have you ever smoked pot, and what is your opinion of it? (Opinion as in do you think it should be legal, are you really against it, etc.)

I just want to see if there is a correlation if someone has/hasn't tried it and how people feel about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No. The closest I came was a contact buzz. But I never smoked it myself. I do believe it has medical benefits and should be at least partially legal. Though I don't see why they couldn't be treated like alcohol and cigs.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• As usual with the gay questions come the pot questions.The same old tired worn out questions
    Anonymous

• i have tried it... before i had i talked so much crap about it and how dumb it was... when i did it i still felt like it was a dumb decision.. it can be fun and all... but it really makes you completely dumb... so i mean im kinda on the fence about it being legal.... granted it grows out of the ground and all that.. but it really alters your thinking...
    juandmad09

Answer by juandmad09 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Here we go. You'll have extremes of both showing up on your post. I personally think anything in excess is un healthy. However I think it's a huge double standard that people can legally get drunk, (not all people who drink)beat your wife, go home with random guys at the bar, pee in the street, take your top off in public, cheat on your man, puke your guts out, fall on your ass, and go to work hung over but you can't smoke pot and be a vegetable for a few hours or you are a peice of crap. I am not for coke or anything like that, I'm just saying, I don't think one is any better than the other.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Before kids, yes I did it, and it did not make me dumb, or stupid. I only did it before bed. I didn't walk around like Betty Burnout all day.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I have never used it or known anyone else that did. I don't have an opinion on the legalizng of it. I have much bigger things on my plate right now.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I LOVE pot! I think it should be legal! It has a lot of medical benefits... and if I could, I'd be smokin it now ;)
    Anonymous

• I smoked it moons ago but have zero interest in it now that im older and with children.I moreso think the states should decide for their states.I will say though pot smoking is way overrated and it does tend to cause memory issues..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• My body is the only property that I own outright, without license of lien to the government. As such, there should be no limits to what I can do with it, provided my activities in no way infringe on the rights of any other person. Smoking weed, in and of itself, cannot infringe upon anyone else's rights, therefore should not be restricted.
    By this same logic, of course, all 'crimes' of vice should be legalized. What a person does to themselves should not be the business of the government. The government should only interest itself with the activities between people, to ensure that the rights of all involved are respected.
    Anonymous

• yes i have tried it and i do not think it should be legal but of course if i had my way alcohol and tobacco would both be illegal also
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 10:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2010