Honest question, if you are pro life and against abortion, are you for the death penalty? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am against both.
    Anonymous

• very good question! I am not for the death penalty and yes I am pro life! it is not our place to kill a human. If it offended us enough then we should protect out people by holding them in a cell until there time comes. its a challenge and not everything is easy. Especially this question. I just dont belive in killing unless at the very moment it becomes necessary.
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 9:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I am pro-life with all life.. so I am against death penalty.. GOD should be the one to make that decision
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I see a big difference between an innocent baby who hasn't had the chance to make a single choice, and an adult who has chosen to mass murder.

I think the adult chooses to forfeit their life; the baby doesn't.
    Anonymous

• I am for the death penalty and not for abortion. IMO, everyone deserves a chance for life and those who screw it up deserve to get that right taken away...
    Anonymous

• I'm on the fence with abortion, because there are so many grey areas for me(sorry if you don't agree, it's how I feel). And I believe in the death penalty. Ted Bundy, deserved what he got. He needed to feel the fear of what it was like to know you are about to die and get no mercy. It still wasn't enough. In the Bible, there were officials appointed to put certain people to death for very heinous crimes. It's part of history and it's there for a reason. I also think that if your loved one was brutalized raped and tortured before they died you would think differently.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I dont see why those two have anything to do with one another.

I am against abortion b/c its the taking of an innocent life for the convenience of those who are suppose to love him or her.

The death penalty takes away someone who has had a chance at life, has failed, and become a menace to society.

Anonymous

• I am against both because I don't think people should be the ones to decide when others should die, at all. As for the death penalty specifically, there are cases where innocent people have been convicted of crimes they did not commit and were put to death. Even one innocent life being taking away at the hands of another is one too many.
    Anonymous

• I am against abortion but for death penalty....

these are two very different things
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I was pro-life, pro-death penalty for the longest time. Now I am torn about the death penalty based on religion. Is it God's choice when someone should die or do we have the right to take a murderer's life? But for anyone FOR the death penalty and who is pro-life, there is a big difference between killing someone who took someone else's life, and killing an unborn child who hasn't even had the chance to do wrong.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010