how do i make my dh understand that having sex wont hurt the baby

MissieB.

Asked by MissieB. at 9:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Tell him that the baby is about 12 inches higher up than his erection could ever hope to be, and is encased a giant cushiony sac of liquid.
    Anonymous

• Use a diagram, lol. But really. Show him there is no way the baby can feel or see you guys having sex. In all reality, the baby will probably be asleep in your stomach from the rocking. But if you look up a pic or have your OB or MW do it, he can see that the cervix, etc are too much in the way for any damage to occur.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Get on every website related to babies and show him.

Will your MIL help you? Mine tells me EVERY single time I talk with her, "You need to eat more protein and have more sex. Sex is good for the baby." She is a great champion of her son getting laid. Maybe your MIL is equally awesome. Boys always listen to their moms.

naturalpapa.com is a site for dads. He might like it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Take him to a doctor's appointment or have the doc give you a note for your hubby lol
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• not sure, my hubs couldn't keep his hands off me, i wish he woulda been scared, i have zero sex drive when i was preggo.
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 10:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I agree with the diagram idea. No matter how big he is, he will never get past your cervix. That thing is pretty tightly closed up (at least to something as big around as a penis). Also, if you feel comfortable, bring him to a doctor's appointment and ask the doctor about it with him right there, or e-mail your doctor, so he can see it in writing. There is TONS of material online, from reputable websites, about sex and pregnancy. Good luck! I know I had the BEST sex (and orgasms!) while pregnant. I couldn't get enough. My hubby LOVED it!! LOL
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Some men just cant bring themselves to having sex once you get to a certain month in your pregnancy. Some of my girlfriends hubby's just couldn't do it they found their wives attractive still but it was too weird for them knowing that their child was right there mainly the last 2 months. But at any rate it wouldn't hurt to show him the above information :) GL
    Emma7-11-09

Answer by Emma7-11-09 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010