Laptop savvy mama's...I have a question

Ok so I'm not the most computer minded person but I bought myself a Macbook last November. I LOVE IT! But I am curious. I have never had a laptop before and this thing gets really warm when I use it. Is that normal or am I leaving it on too long? There are days I use it for hours on end and I don't want to mess it up! If anyone can tell me if this is what laptops do I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Allergic2Stupid

Asked by Allergic2Stupid at 10:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Entertainment

• You are probably covering up the fan vent since your lap is not flat. Get a lap desk to rest it on.

Macs don't often get hot like that. If you keep covering up the vent and you have a DH like mine, you'll get a lecture!! Covering the vent to a man is like leaving dirty underwear in the bathroom floor when you have guests over to a woman.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i have a little fan thing that is very thin and snaps to the bottom of mine.. got it a best buy for like 15.00 mine get super hot
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 10:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Get a can of compressed air and clean out the fan.. Mine gets warm too and that works really well...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• i have a macbook too and sometimes it does get warm, especially it it sits on my lap or a soft service. not so much on the desk or table. you could be covering the fan or maybe its clogged a little. you can get an air can at the store and blow it out (looks like a can of wd 40 buts its compressed air). otherwise make sure you aren't covering the fan. have fun!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• my hubby got him a laptop cooler thing at biglots for $10 that you put under your laptop and it connects up to your usb port so air can circulate better under your laptop.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2010