Question .....

Im looking at some degree programs at the moment and im looking to Major in Computer Information Systems and minor is Criminal Justice...I was looking up criminal justice related jobs and I came across Cyber Security/Crimes...but there isnt much on it and im wondering if anyone knows anything about it and if the degree programs I have chosen would be adequate ...thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• My husband works at our Sheriff's office. One of his friends there works in the Cyber crimes department. He does not have a degree in Criminal Justice but he does have a degree in computers. Whether you need a degree or not, is going to depend on the police department and the city/state that you live in. I think that what you are looking at would be an excellent start.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you. Check to see if there are open jobs in this field, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:57 AM on Feb. 12, 2010