i have to vent!!!!

ok.. so my living situation consist of my DD, my SO, and his mother. we all just moved in together over a year ago to save all of us money. down to the point.. SHE STINKS! OMG! it is so terrible. she stays in her room most of the time because she is lazy and watches TV all day but when the door opens, oh dear! when she goes downstairs to the kitchen or W/e you can smell the trail she leaves.. and the smell is the funk of not washing.. i am newly pregnant and it is worse than ever to me.. it sux she has this problem because i do love her but i cant stand to be within 15 feet of her. she is old and has a lot of "pride" so i wouldnt dare say anything to offend her. even though she offends me everyday stinkin. so there is nothing i can do. not to mention i have to clean the toilet seat off everytime i go pee because there is some "gunk" left behind... ohh soooo grose!!! had to vent! may have enough to move out this spring.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Can't you say something like "wow w/ my heightened pregnancy hormones everything stinks right now!! SO was really stinky the other day & it made me really sick" or write her a note. Be honest w/out being insulting, some older ppl start to lose their sense of smell, if she's just lazy then she needs to be told what is acceptable hygiene, especially when the baby comes. Try to be diplomatic & not hurt her feelings but you should be honest.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• when my hubby smells at all from work or anything i just say.....hey hun you smell funny,like you been trapped somewhere or been put away too long,this way he knows but never do i say you STINK theres ways of saying it.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first pp, and was going to say the same thing.

Also. maybe you could give her a Valentines Day "because we love you" gift of something like some nice scented soaps, etc, then you could say something like "so, did you get a chance to use the fancy soaps we gave you (or the bubble bath, or etc...)

I don't know how old your dd is, but I think the first posters idea is a lot nicer than, say, your dd saying something like "grandma, you smell funny!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Throw up on her. Then she'll have to shower.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• lol i think i might try all of those... soap, throw up, prompt my 4 year old to say something... all fine ideas. thankz! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• two problems.
    1.your sense of smell is heightened due to pregnancy.
    2. her sense of smell is gone due to age
    not a good combination i agree. you can do a couple of things i suppose. wait till your not pregnant anymore. change your living situations. or tell her asap that she needs to bathe daily and be serious and firm about it.
    this is a very common problem with older people, especially men. for some reason they feel if they don't do anything all day then they don't need to bathe, the decreased sense of smell only encourages the problem. the other thing being poor age related eyesight, they don't see dirt or stains on clothing either.
    Good luck with this situation, it's never and easy one and it happens all the time.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2010