We need effective ways to put our almost 2 1/2 toddler down after her bedtime routine, to where she is half awake, and plays with her toys and gets herself to sleep.

Please help my husband and I as we desparately need effective ways/methods to put our almost 2 1/2 toddler-daughter half awake after we do her bedtime routine.
We are trying to get it to where we do her bedtime routine with her, and then put her to bed half awake and teach her to play with her stuff animals which are all safe
and age appropiate and get herself to sleep, and stay asleep. Alot of times, it's anywhere's between 2am to 3 30am before she goes to sleep and up at anywhere's from 8am to 8 30am, and we all hardly get enough sleep. It tends to be very stressful and wear us all down physically, mentally, and emotionally. And it's gotten to the point where we dread it because we know that it's going to be another late night again which it shouldn't be that way. Please send me an email at mdcaine@att.net. Thank you all and God bless you all and your families always!
Your's Truly, Mrs.Melissa Dawn Caine

CHRISTIAN874

Asked by CHRISTIAN874 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ok I know this will sound corny but here I got. We have a good night "song" after teeth potty and a short story

"good night, sleep tight, dont let the bed bugs bite, mommy loves you (kisses), daddy love you two (kisses and a razberry on the cheek)" we alternate lines so I say the mommy part and daddy says the daddy part

we tuck him in and turn on this night light we got him that turns and makes "pictures" on the walls and ceiling. After that he's not aloud out of bed. and I check him and give him a kiss before I go to bed. It took some time but have a set ruitine really helped him
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Sounds like my house! I moved bed time to 7:30-8pm (dinner and bath had to be moved to). This does not mean go to bed, but have quiet time for about an hour. It seperates the kids, and will usually calm them down. After they've calmed down, and aren't so hyper it's easier for them to lay down in bed. Only probably we have right now is our 23 month old wakes up around 2am for 30 minutes each night. And like you I get up at 8am to take our 3 year old to PreK. Hope this helped out some =)
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Read her a story, or put on super soft music to lull her to sleep.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2010