So sad, but so sweet too.

My daughter is 19 months and isn't speaking very much yet. She also HATES baths. I gave her one this morning. We spent 15 minutes taking her toys in and out of the bathtub, washing her toys, letting her just stand in the water. Nothing worked. I finally took her to get Tubby (her favorite stuffed animal). She still screamed the entire time. I washed her and her hair as fast as I could. Then I rinsed her hair, which is always the worst. About the third time I rinsed she looked up at me, sobbing her little eyes out, and said, "ALL DONE! ALL DONE, MAMA! ALL DONE!!!!!" It broke my heart, yet was so sweet at the same time.

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Awww! how sweet, my 4yr old doesn't like her hair washed either, yet she loves a bath. Have you tried bathing with her?
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Get her a visor so the water and shampoo doesn't go in her eyes....maybe that will work?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I used to wash my kids' hair while they were lying down on the kitchen counter so their heads were back and the soap didn't get in their eyes. It was sort of like being at a beauty salon, you know? That was the only way I could wqsh their hair without getting soap in their eyes. It really does hurt to get shampoo in your eyes---I hate it,. so I avoid washing my hair in the shower. I use the sink.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2010