All the sudden not sleeping through the night?

My daughter has been sleeping through the night since she was like 2 months old. Well she just turned 2 years old last week and for about 2 weeks now shes been waking up in the middle of the night, crying sometimes screaming and its hard to console her... im not sure what to do anymore.. any tips on how i can help her?

clarasmommy08

Asked by clarasmommy08 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ignore Anon :04.

It could be that she's going through a growth spert, since she's turned another year older.
    Just cuddle her, maybe give her something to drink, and just assure her that it's okay.

My son (Won't be two until September) did the same thing when he turned one. It's getting less and less now, but I would just give him some milk and he'd go back to sleep.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• well, my son is 13 months old and has yet to ever sleep all night. He wakes screaming an average of 4-5 times a night and I have to rock and calm him. etc. But his sleeping patterns change and vary. Maybe you kids is too. Not sure tho. b/c I dont have a 2 yr old. But best of luck! I wish mine slept at 2 months!
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 11:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• LOL! Well, welcome to the real world Hon.

It's called children, they do not always stay in a routine.

Get used to it!!
    Anonymous

• My son (who will be 2 in March) has been doing the samething for a few months. I usually just let him walk around the livingroom, and really there is no calming him down. Just gotta make sure he can't hurt himself if he throws a fit. Once I let him walk around for a bit, something eat a small snack he goes to be just fine. Hope you figure it out, get any new technics let me know!!!
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• This may not be the case for you at all, but my son who is 19 months old, woke up screaming the last two nights and we just figured out that he has an ear infection. (main signs were loss of appetite and the screaming at night, other than that he was a trooper.)
    Since the infection hurts worse when lying down, he was usually fine during the day,
    Could just be the growing thing other PP have said, just a heads up!
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• We have recent experience with this, too. Our daughter who slept through and went to bed easily from about 6 months on started fighting sleep at all times -- bedtime battle, naptime battle, lots of night waking -- at about 2.5. Fears and nightmares usually start around this age. We've gotten the bedtime part worked out (it took about a month, though) but I'm still 100% at a loss for the night waking. She wakes up hysterical, and our measures to comfort her just make it worse the next time she wakes up, it seems. Last night we started more of a tough-love approach because going in and comforting her has just gotten her waking up more and more (6 times last night). Sorry no real advice here... but I feel for you.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:49 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Is she getting her 2 yr old molars? Poor thing. I hope you get some rest soon.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 10:48 AM on Feb. 12, 2010