how can i get my nine mnth old to stand on her own

shes nine months old and will not stand on her own my cousins baby wll stand with assistance and shes 4 months. is there somthing wrong with her legs

mtje_mommy

Asked by mtje_mommy at 11:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• um super glue her feet to the floor...

Sheez.... she'll stand when she is ready. They are all different Mom.
    Anonymous

• Yea, they are not ready. Did you see the 4month old standing or did she tell u that. That seems a bit soon to me. Your daughter will stand when she is ready.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• my son was walking fine by 9 months and 3 days old. BUT i know of kids that didnt even take their first step until 12 months old. Each kid is different. He would stand with assistance as early as 3 months old. and could sit up alone at 4 months. I just would let him stand or hold on to something with me near and I would take on his weight holding him up. etc he caught on quick but many kids wait longer then my son did. Dont stress too much about it
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 11:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• She'll stand when she's ready. You're only frustrating yourself and her by trying to make her or putting that unfair expectation on her. My daughter has been cruising for 3 months now. I thought for sure she was going to be an early walker. Now, I'll be happy if she takes her first unassisted string of steps by the time she's 1!!

If you're really concerned, talk to your doc about it during her 9 month check-up.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Please don't rush her. She'll do it at her own pace and whoever is having a four month old baby stand is not being a good parent. People like that need to stop that. It's dangerous if they let go thinking she's stable.
    Anonymous

• Do you mean that she will not stand or that she will not put any weight on her legs at all? My niece would not bear weight on her legs. She would not stand up on my sil lap and jump up and down, is this what you mean? My sil called Early Intervention. I don't know if it is called that in every state. Your pediatrician would know. They came to her house and evaluated my niece. They said that she was a couple of months behind muscle wise and gave my sil some exercises to do with her. She did not walk until she was 15 months old but now, she is almost 2 1/2 and she has no problems.
    Anonymous

• Will she be off to college tomorrow?
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• She's nine months old, give her a break. Most babies don't stand on their own until 10-11 months, some not even until they're 1. It all depends on the child. Relax. There's nothing wrong with her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• She will stand on her own. Figuring it out herself is part of the learning process, so just play with her and have fun watching her figure it out!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• heres what we did: you hold one half of a ball (med sized) and let baby hold the other half. while youre right there and ready to catch them, let go of your half. it makes em think they are holding something solid and they work on their own balance that way. my son learned very quickly with that one!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 12:35 AM on Feb. 12, 2010