So to recap

Gays can't legally marry because it goes against Christ, but atheists, Jews, Wiccans, Hindus and any other non-Christians can.

Gays can't legally marry because it's a sin, but drunks, gluttons, thieves, adulterers, and even murderers can.

Gays can't legally marry because they can't procreate, but post-menopausal women, post-hysterectomy women, and sterile adults of both sexes can.

Gays can't legally marry because the majority doesn't like it, even though the majority also hated freeing the slaves and votes for women, and we made those legal anyway.

Gays can't legally marry because it would expose kids to, something bad, even though there's 100% better chance those kids will walk in on their own parents having sex before they'll ever randomly encounter a gay married couple having sex.

What am I missing?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• THE WAY I LOOK AT IT WHAT EVER MAKE'S THEM HAPPY ! THERE HUMAN JUST LIKE WE ARE AND IF THERE GAY THATS THEM DONT NEED TO TREAT THEM NO DIFF- ! NO IM NOT GAY I HAVE FRIENDS THAT ARE GAY AND THERE COOL TO BE AROUND AND FUNNY ! !
    Anonymous

• My only thing is that I can't vote FOR it, without going against my beliefs.

I do think that eventually gays will have the right to marry and it will probably be settled in the courts.

When that does happen, I won't protest it at all, as long as our church isn't forced to perform the ceremonies. My cousin is already married to her wife and we hang out with them all the time, and we respect each other's beliefs.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Cinnamon-mom, just to throw in my opinion, I'm perfectly okay with people not voting FOR it, based on their beliefs. I just really have an issue with people actively voting AGAINST it, based on their belief. Aside from the fact that I believe their opinion is invalid, in part for the reasons mentioned above, I also think religion should NOT be a consideration when it comes to a legal right... So I think what you're doing is actually the most admirable way a Christian could feel about it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 11:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Right on.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• wow...of course, i ditto Cinnamon a lot of the time, and as a fellow xtian, i know where she's coming from.
    however, i don't see 'marriage' as the sinful part of homosexuality, or any other 'group' seeking marriage 'approval'. marriage is simply a union of two people...whether those two people are gay or straight, jewish or humpbacked, polka-dotted, or ugly. marriage does nothing to save a sinner, or change their lifestyle or desire to sin..it doesn't guarantee anything, it doesn't purify anyone's soul, nor does it have the power to give eternal life. only Christ can do that.
    just because two straight people get hitched, doesn't mean God is OK with their individual persons. marriage is an act of unifying two separate things into one.
    (i cannot believe that other post took all dang day....i'm tired..g'nite all.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Your missing lack of covenant, unhealthy soul ties.

I really encourage you to get Sexual Revolution the naked truth about purity by Kris Valloton It will explain why God honors the marriage of male and female and not same sex relationships.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• I really encourage you to get Sexual Revolution the naked truth about purity by Kris Valloton It will explain why God honors the marriage of male and female and not same sex relationships.

banging head into wall

Why does your god have anything to do with someone being able to LEGALLY get married?  It is completely irrelevant.  You could set a bible on fire in the middle of your wedding ceremony, you are still married.  Unless you're gay.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• THAT A CUTE PITCHER , HES HITING HIS HEAD ON THE WALL ! ! I LIKE THAT ONE ! !
    Anonymous

• How can two grown people that love one another be unhealthy.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• That is why it becomes a problem when you put it to a vote.

For me I vote different than a lot of people. I vote according to my own conscience. I vote against abortion, against embryonic stem cell research, against doctor assisted suicide, etc. If someone put it up for a vote I would EVEN vote against pornography, against teen sex (LOL), genetically engineered foods, and all kinds of moral issues that I have a personal opinion about!!!

I agree with hairnazi, she made a good point "marriage" is not the sinful part of homosexuality. She made an excellent point that I think is good for discussion, "marriage does nothing to save a sinner, or change their lifestyle or desire to sin..it doesn't guarantee anything, it doesn't purify anyone's soul, nor does it have the power to give eternal life. only Christ can do that." But I need to go to Target to get Valentine's for DD's school party tomorrow (how did I forget???)
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2010