Do you think it makes anti abortion and pro lifers look really bad when ......

I see a van in a parking lot with a giant picture of an aborted fetus on the side of it.

An abortion doctor is murdered....

protest in front of schools holding signs with dead fetus pics on them?

I'm not saying everyone who is against abortions is like this(I'm not even a fan of abortion myself), but I have truly seen all three of these things happen in my life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that those things are for shiock value...kinda like this post. lol does it make them look bad? no. they believe in what they are doing, and as long as they are not hurting someone, its their right. welcome to america.
    Anonymous

• I think the pic are necessary for understanding why some are pro-life, but it shouldn't be done in front of a school. I don't like it when someone gets hurt or killed because they are a abortion doctor.. I'm pro-life this means I'm anti-murder
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• So it's okay for my 10yo to see a pic of a dead fetus on someone's van parked in front of the supermarket? So abortion doctors being murdered are just for shock value? Protesting in front of a middle school? Wow anon, way to read a post all the way through...
    Anonymous

• It seems like a double standard for some people, they would be appalled if you advertised ambulatory services on billboards and protested FOR abortion in front of a school, but if you posted with dead baby pics to be against it seems just as sick...
    Anonymous

• Obviously it is wrong to murder an abortion doctor. And I think the pictures can be wrong in certain contexts.

On one hand, it is reality and sometimes we forget what abortion really is--they can be usefull to prevent it. Although I think pictures of LIVE fetuses are MORE helpful.

On the other hand, I think they are VERY hurtful to women who have maybe had an abortion. It must really really be hard for them to see. I don't think that they need to be reminded of it in that way, because what can they do now?

The pain of this is so severe that it can last your whole life and even resurface in other ways years down the road. We have a post-abortion Bible study at our church for women who are struggling with the pain of this. My heart goes out to them.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:05 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• OP here, I really liked your answer Cinnamon Mom....Thank you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Pro-lifer here.

I don't condone murdering doctors as a form of protest. I think it does more harm than good.

As for the photos...I'm split on that. I'm all for educating. But I also think how one educates is as important as the education.
    MamaBee07

Answer by MamaBee07 at 1:39 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I think extremest always work against their own cause... All of them. Religious, Political or just every day extremists make everyone in their movement look a little (or sometimes a lot) crazy.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:32 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• If people want to help their cause, the key is educatio, education, education. Its easy to post gruesome pics somewhere...that takes no thought for a very sensitive subject. AND if people are so concerned about these fetus' I'd think posting those pics is very disrespectful to the fetus'.
    Something like this needs to be approached in a thoughtful, intellectual way. Killing people, (which is odd b/c they are supposedly against killing) is completely backwards way of getting a point across.
    We need to educate our kids about safe sex, abstinence is always a choice, and options they can go to should they become pg. It ALL needs to be approached at a young age.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:35 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Do you think it makes anti abortion and pro lifers look really bad

TOTALLY
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2010