question. in need of answers please

Has any one tired mango's, or pineapples to induce labor? Did it work for you and how many weeks were you? How soon after you ate these did it work?

mommy2be77

Asked by mommy2be77 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i eat pineapples and mangos all the time and it never put me in labor where did you hear that from,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Anonymous

• HELL NO IT DONT WORK ! WHO TOLD U THAT SHIT THEY MUST BEEN SMOKEING SOME THING ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• try sex that helps..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Ummm....Where exactly are you planning on sticking them? LOL

Look at it this way...if pineapple and mango could induce labour doctors would be telling pregnant women not to eat them right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I have read that eating FRESH pineapple (not canned) can help. There is a certain enzyme in it that may help. Cant hurt to try eh? I would have tried it but I ended up having to be induced at 35 weeks...but I had read up on things....which I suggest some of the rest of you do before trying to make fun of the OP!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I was eating fresh pineapple when I was around 8 to 10 weeks and kept getting contractions till I read on here they pineapple can cause that so I stopped eating it and they stopped.. I think it is possible wouldn't hurt to try, if it doesn't work at least you are eating something tasty :) gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• it's a complex process that triggers labor. most researchers think the baby releases some mysterious mix of hormones, and that's what starts labor. why mess with it unless absolutely necessary? i have a hard time believing that mango or pineapple would be able to interrupt the natural process. :) gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Feb. 12, 2010