Crazy Diets

Out off all the crazy diets out there, which one has actually worked for you? Was it under doctor supervision? Did you gain back any weight after stopping? Etc etc

ISLUVZOLIVIA

Asked by ISLUVZOLIVIA at 11:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Fad diets are BS and no smart doctor would prescribe one.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:20 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• http://soloslim.com/html/what-is-solo-slim.html
    Diet pill PLUS dieting and my Dr gave me the thumbs up 'cause the pill is all natural.
    Lost 30 lbs in 3 months and still have it off. =) I have before and after pics of me and my SIL both although she lost like 45 lbs
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 4:22 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• The only thing that works is counting calories and exercise.
    BTW - I lost 30 lbs in 3 months and didn't do anything but count calories and exercise - I didn't even change the food I ate. I kept my calorie count to around 1500 calories per day and burnt 500 calories per day doing exercise. This helped me lose anywhere from 1 to 4 lbs a week. I didn't take any pills and I didn't do any crazy diet.
    The average woman needs 2000 calories a day. A pound is = 3500 calories. Reduce your calories by 500 a day and increase your exercise to burn 500 calories a day = 1000 calories a day = 7000 calories a week = 2 lbs lost per week.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Diets are TEMPORARY SOLUTIONS and most people gain it back when they go off the diet.
    YOu have to make lifestyle changes to have lasting results. Diet and exercise together make the difference .. but if you eat salads for a week, then go back to eating pizza & burgers your going to gain it back.

You can still eat a burger or pizza every now and then .. .just can't eat junk all the time.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 11:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• My before and after: http://tinypic.com/r/sde0pf/6

I did the detox diet. Where you give up soda, alcohol, white bread sugars etc. You eat meats and fruits and veggies, wheat bread and concentrate on your portions. Walking would help... but I just don't have the motivation. =(
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 1:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2010