potty training my 2 year old

we've tried potty candies, we've tried his own potty chair, the big potty, sitting, standing, big boy undies, cloth diapers, paper diapers...he keeps going kinda back and forth with telling us when he has to go to not wanting to go at all. whats next?

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 12:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was 2 1/2 and decided that he wanted to on his own. We never made a big deal out of it. We had been using pull ups for a little bit too. Then one day, I had to get DH some new underwear and my son said he needed some too. I asked him if he was going to start using the big boy potty and within 2 weeks he was completely potty trained. Have patience, he will come around when he is ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• No diapers worked for us. We just let her know that diapers were no longer an option, and we stayed home a few days to help her work out the transition. She was also trained in less than 2 weeks (19 months old).
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:45 AM on Feb. 12, 2010