I need a bible verse to meditate on when things are going so bad it seems impossible

anyone able to help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• sure : )

Write them in the back of your Bible for quick reference or on a post-it note placed in a useful location!!!

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you." Isaiah 43:2

"I am holding you by your right hand--I, the LORD your God. And I say to you, `Do not be afraid. I am here to help you." Isaiah 41:13

"For he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5b

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you." 1 Peter 5:7
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:49 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• These are the ones that have blessed me. I would also encourage you to find your own special treasures in the word of God. The Psalms are an amazing place to go for encouragement. Most of them begin with the psalmist overwhelmed by problems, and end with the psalmist praising God!

The Lord will speak to you as your seek Him in your word.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:51 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• *His Word.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• its not a bible verse.....but was written for prayer....and I do love to repeat it to myself in very difficult times:

God, grant me the serenity
    To accept the things I cannot change;
    The courage to change the things that I can;
    And the wisdom to know the difference
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 12:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Isaiah 41:10 (New King James Version)

10 Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

This one helps me tremendously
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
    -Philippians 4:13

And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
    -Matthew 19:26
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:10 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Nahum 1:7- "The LORD is good,a stronghold in the day of trouble,and He knows those who trust in Him. "

Psalm 46:1- "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

Lamentations 3:24,25- "The LORD is my portion, says my soul, therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeks him."
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:35 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• proverbs 356
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:31 AM on Feb. 12, 2010