sleeping

im 18 i go to school go to work take care of my whole family cook and clean up after dinner and watch my neices an nephews & try to make a life for myself and my beautiful 2 month old son Anthony who wakes up every 4 hours to eat i have no time for anything in my free time i take a quick shower and during my nights i try and get as much homework done as possible before i fall assleep on accident which is only for two hours i live on coffee and eat rarley any sugestions on how to get some sleep

SingleM0M12

Asked by SingleM0M12 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well if your not doing anything else, and the baby is asleep, take the chance to nap. Also by 2 months, my baby was sleeping about 5 hours at night. We never did the cereal in the bottle thing until he was 3 or 4 months, so maybe you could try that.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Wow you've got a lot on your plate. Do you have enough energy during the day? Not eating isn't healthy for you, so make sure you start taking care of yourself for you and your baby. Have you considered cyber school?
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Nothing you can do about the baby's sleep. Something needs to come off your plate, though. Can someone ELSE handle the niece and nephew? Or how about that becoming your paid job?

Answer by gdiamante at 1:00 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• its my family i cant really charge especiall when they don have the money themselfs and im the only aval. and reliable person they have
    SingleM0M12

Answer by SingleM0M12 at 1:06 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Why is it your responsibility to take care of the whole family all the time? Someone needs to help you out right now, so ask for help.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:26 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Even if you are the only person your family has you have to tell them no. They are taking advantage of you. You can't be doing all of what you are doing and be a good mother to your baby. It's normal for babies to wake at night until they are 3 years old!

It is asking too much of you. It's hard to take care of a 2 month old baby. Just going to school and working is too much. Your baby is only a baby once and you are missing it. You need lots of time with your baby. Your baby needs lots of time with you to form a stable attachment to you.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2010