Odd pains--second pregnancy.. don't remember these

Ok so I'm on my second pregnancy I'm 16 weeks. I remember pregnancy coming with a bunch of aches and pains but there are 2 I don't remember. My lower back about at the hips.. sometimes I'll get an ache or dull pain. Second is my right side in the pelvis. I'll be laying on my right side and I want to lay more on my back.. I get this achy pain like something is stretching out and it hurts. This sometimes also happens if I'm sitting with my legs tucked under me.. I go to get up and when I move my right leg, I get that pain like something is stretching really tight. It usually goes away after like20 seconds. I'm having no bleeding or cramping otherwise.. are these pains normal? What is causing them?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 1:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's called round ligament pain, it gets worse with every pregnancy, that's why my tubes are tied. I couldn't do it again, I could hardly walk. Your round ligament holds the uterus in place and stretches out really fast and doesn't bounce back like it did the first time. It can actually get pretty debilatating at times.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:13 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• maybe the hip pains could be around the kidneys, not too sure, they should be checking you for pre-eclampsia already.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• yup yup i agree w/ steff107 it was so bad my 2nd pregnancy :(
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Just google round ligament pain. I even thought I was in labor once, and some times it felt like I got kicked square in the crotch!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Also if your pregnancies were close together you could be out of whack. I go to the chiropractor when I'm pregnant and I love it!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 1:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• im w steff107. i have been having so much more round ligament pain this time compared to w my 2yo. there are days when i cant pick up my daughter, let alone do anything else.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:48 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• What about the lower back pain? Could it be sciatica already?
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 5:41 PM on Feb. 12, 2010