sudden swelling of my feet, put my feet up for about 2hrs no change, have been experiancing spotting of lights (kinda like seeing stars) with vission but doesnt last that long im 35 weeks.... anyone no what this could be? swelling in feet happened today for the first time, vission started about a week ago... should i be concerned?

sarahandmark09

Asked by sarahandmark09 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like preeclampsia, i would talk to your dr about it at your next visit.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:22 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE!!!! i had Preeclampsia when i was 30 weeks and they induced me at 34 b/c it was so bad i swelled up went to hospital and bllod pressure was soooo high i was seeing spots like someone threw glitter in my face .... you need to see a doctor or you could have a stroke!
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 1:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Pre-Eclampsia...GO TO L&D RIGHT NOW!

Do NOT wait until your next visit. Pre-Eclampsia can be extremely dangerous for both you and your baby.

GO...GO NOW...DO NOT WAIT...THIS CAN BE LIFE THREATENING...GO!!! CALL YOUR DOC AND LET THEM KNOW YOUR ON YOUR WAY...GO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i agree ... they told me i was so close to having a stroke b/c i waited and just thought it was normal
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 1:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Pregnancy Induced Hypertention which can lead to preeclampsia or eclampsia is very dangerous. It can cause the mother to have a stroke and have very severe lasting results from it. it can reduce the amount of oxygen your baby is getting, it can cause you to lose contiousness, it can damage your liver and so much more.

PLEASE go to the labor and delivery floor at your hospital to be examined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They may just put you on bed rest, they may have you stay over night to do a 24 hour urine collection test (test your urine for 24 hours to see how much protien, if any, is being dumped into your urine within a 24 hour period of time), or possible go ahead with an induction if they find any damage to your liver or massive amounts of protien in the urine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i agree. you need to at least go to the ER
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:54 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Yup ER. If you wait, you can still die after delivering a healthy baby. Pre eclampsia turns into Eclampsia. Google it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Do not - I repeat DO NOT - wait until your next visit. Or even wait until tomorrow! Go to L&D this very moment! Preeclampsie is very dangerous & you need to be checked out immediately! Prolonged preeclampsia without being monitored can result in stroke & seizure & can be fatal to both you & the baby.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:37 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I sure hope you aren't home to read this you need to be in the hospital you can die from this, you doctor should have told you that this was a sign to go straight to the hospital. GO RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I'm sorry i said next visit. I was pretty sure what the symptoms signaled but i wasn't sure how serious they were since i had never had that. GL and i hope everything comes out okay.

jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2010