when does your docotr start checking your cervix every visit?

I am 35 weeks in my second pregnancy My first pregnancy I went to 36 weeks and I was wondering when does the doctor start checking you every visit to see if your cervix has changed any?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Some dr. dont do that. Why dont you call & ask?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• mine did the last mth when i went once a week
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 2:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Some won't do it at all because it really doesn't give them any information that is useful, and it can cause infection or premature rupture of your water.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Well they really don't want to check it unless it is necessary because it can irratate it and bring on preterm labor or other problems. But it does depend on the doc. Call and find out.
    armywife009

Answer by armywife009 at 3:14 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Many don't, it doesn't really give them an accurate idea of when labour will start. I never dilated at all until I was in labour and some women can walk around for weeks at a 3. Plus like someone said it can introduce infection or accidentally break your water.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• With my first pregnancy I think my doctor only checked like maybe the last two visits, for sure the last visit I had at 38 weeks cause I went into labor after that. Besides that I think they only check if you are having severe pains or something else of that nature.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:06 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• my midwives don't check it. i have an ob now, i won't let her check it. the only times i have ever been checked were when i was already fully dilated and effaced and ready to push!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Mine started at 37 weeks.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:40 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• i plan to refuse any checks. it doesn't give any helpful information, and increases the chances of infection. i really bad practice imo. =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• now days doctors dont really check anymore, it does nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Feb. 12, 2010