Most embarrassing thing your kids have ever done?

My 17-month-old got into my purse the other day and found one of my tampons and ran up to give it to me, when I had company over. I was so red!!!!

hiddenstrength

Asked by hiddenstrength at 4:01 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• While standing in line at Target, a very overweight woman in front of us started to back up with her cart and my daughter went- "Beeeep... Beeeep... Beeeep....."

Yeah... Like a big truck backing up? Mmm hmmm. Wanted to melt right through the floor.
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 4:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• @Malibustacy My husband wants to know how you discipline a kid for that.
    hiddenstrength

Answer by hiddenstrength at 4:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• The only thing I can think of that my son does and I wish nobody would see it.....not really embarrassed but I hate people to witness it, is when he chews his food up and decides he rather have a drink instead of finishing chewing; he spits it all out on the floor. He's two! We're trying to break him of this, he only does it on occasion but omg I hate when he does it, it's nasty.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:24 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• While on vacation we were going to a museum and I told the woman at the counter my son was 5 (admission was like $8 cheaper for 5 and under) and he overheard me and said "I'm not 5 Mom, I'm 6!" Everyone in earshot heard...but the lady said Oh that's OK...so embarrassing! (He had just turned 6)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• when we go to walmart and people are in the way and dont move when i say excuse me my son starts honking at them... yelling beep beep move out of the way! i dont mind at all. it is funny and he is just doing it because they are rude in the first place. one time he looked some person in the eye and said ... "dont you know what excuse me means. it means move out of the way PPPLLEEEASSE! "
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:07 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• one time we went to sears for family photos. my nearly 3 yo (just potty trained) pulled down his pants and peed right in the lobby! we were at sears, so we could buy new clothes. then my infant daughter pooed on the blanket and the photo assistant! we have not been back!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• When he was little,he'd make that extreme straining poop face while in the shopping cart. I knew he he was just a year or so,but it was so embarrassing! I'd always wish he'd wait to poop til we got home!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I was at the airport to pick up my parents when my then 3yo son had to go potty. He was doing number two and I was in the next stall just doing number one. Right after someone walked in, my son said to me, "mama, I'm doing poo-poo, do you have to go poo-poo too?" We were in different stalls, so I couldn't just give him a look tell him to be quiet. Luckily, the woman said, "don't worry, I have kids too."
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• There's been several occasions where I wish I could turn invisible. Instead I just bow my head and compose myself before I say anything. With 3 boys it's endless.

We're in Walmart and one kid says "Eww...something stinks" when another pops up and says with a big smile "Haha, I farted".

There was a man with an eye patch on and my son said " Hey mom, that man is a pirate like I was for Halloween". I said no honey, he probably had surgery on his eye. He persisted that NO, he was a PIRATE!

We're in the bathroom at Sears and I asked if he was done yet because he had been in there for a good while. He says "No, my willy won't lay down, it's BIIIG mom". The ladies in the bathroom started laughing.

There's so many more and I'm certain many more to come.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 10:22 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I can't think of anythingmy kids have done, but I have a story about my older brother when he was a baby. My parents went out to dinner and he was in a highchair next to my dad. And every time the waitress came over...she would give my dad a dirty look...come to find out...my brother had been pinching her butt every time she came over to the table!!! haha.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Feb. 12, 2010