So, in a matter of a few hours tonight my belly button half way is popped out, and earlier today i found i was leaking fully fleged milk and having a large mucousy white dicharge. Is this a sign that were may have the baby sooner than we think? anybody know ?

jmtrox02

Asked by jmtrox02 at 4:19 AM on Feb. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's possible, but it's also possible that you still have another month to go. How far along are you? If you're overly concerned, you should call your OB in the morning. If you're leaking more than enough to soak a pad in an hour I would suggest going into the L&D tonight though. Other than that your body is probably just preparing for labor, I lost 3 mucus plugs before losing my bloody show during labor, so that isn't a good indicator & neither is a popped belly or leaking colostrum (both of which can happen as early as the 2nd trimester).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:48 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• I would still go by your due date. You can be like that for at least 2 motre weeks.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 5:01 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Sounds normal to me I'm 37 weeks and that has been happening for a while now...not full on milk but colostrum. You get pretty heavy discharge towards the last month because your body is flushing out to make things "clean" for baby. You leak pretty much because that's just what happens lol. and your belly button poppin' out is cause baby is pushing it from time to time. My belly button goes in and out randomly. Always talk to your obgyn just so YOU feel better....he/she is your bestfriend right now. GL!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:21 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Not really a sign of anything, except that your pregnancy is progressing! :-) My discharge increases towards the end, and I would still have 2 months left. The colostrum comes in differently for every woman and every pregnancy. Some leak almost the entire 9 months. Good luck!! You are getting closer every day!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:14 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• to me it sounds like normal late pregnancy stuff. unless you are having itching and burning along with the discharge, then it could be an infection. but it's normal to get a lot of discharge throughout pregnancy, especially at the end =)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• All three of those things happened to me during my last pregnancy several weeks before the baby came. In fact, my belly button completely popped around 7 months. You could see the little outtie bulge in all my clothes. Unfortunately, it is still not the same as it used to be. : (
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 12:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Sounds normal to me. None of those sound like labor is imminent. I had so much white discharge I thought my water had broken! I started leaking around week 20-something. My belly button never popped (though it was so sore, I swore it was going to), but I know it can pop pretty early, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:49 PM on Feb. 12, 2010